Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Back from the Heat

Sorry I don't have any photos from my trip to beautiful and sunny Westport, CT. I was really lazy this time, and didn't take many photos at all. As usual, we spent most of our time on the beach, which was good since it was so hot! My spot was pretty much on a chair at the edge of the water, feet submerged. Of course I did my share of shopping, and who wouldn't with the dollar at 2 to the pound! The first week I was able to get half a day to myself in NYC. I was able to make a trip to Seaport Yarns, where I had a nice long talk with the owner, and brought back a few finds, some of which might make it into the shop one day. I also got to go to Purl, which is such a beautiful place. I love the way that they squeeze all of the yarn in a small space, it is just bursting with color. I was able to meet up with an old friend for a while. Jackie and I used to work together, and lost touch since I moved to London. She actually found me through my blog by accident. I didn't even know that she was a knitter when we worked together, though we used to do needlepoints at our lunch hour. We even discussed her making a trip to visit London.

The second week was pretty much the beach. It was great... sun, sand, heat, but sadly no knitting. It was just too hot. Now I am back, and there is so much going on at Stash. While I was away lots of new stuff arrived. We now have KnowKnits pouches, Great Adirondack yarn, Rialto Aran, Noro Silk Garden Lite, and Knit Simple magazine. We also have some new chunky yarns that just came in, Malabrigo chunky, and Misti Alpaca Chunky, which is the softest yarn ever! We are expecting a few more new items that should be with us by the time we get back from our holiday closing, which by the way is from Tuesday 21 August until Friday 31 August.

No comments: