Friday, July 20, 2007

In search of Summer

We are off to CT tomorrow, I hope to find some summer there as there is no sign of if here. I am in the shop now, its 10:30 am, and it looks like nighttime. I was thinking of putting the outside lights on that are reserved for evening hours. I usually am not that bothered by the weather, I am not much of an outdoor girl. When we lived in the U.S. I spent most of my time inside with the air conditioning. This is getting ridiculous though, it has rained nearly every day since some time in May. We have had the odd nice day, or half a day, but otherwise it has been cold and rainy. I am waiting to wear my summer clothes, but I guess they will only see the light of day for the next two weeks.

In knitting news, I am past the underarm on Coachella. Here are a couple of photos, I like the neckline. Its hard to know how it will fit me since "she" is a bit smaller than me. I am hoping to work on it during the flight, but it is all stockinette stitch, which gets boring rather quickly. My alternate project are STR socks, the latest from the sock club. We have recieved 3 intallments so far, and I have yet to knit one of them. Better get going.

DSCN1056

DSCN1058



We are awaiting some new items in the shop. One of which I can share with you since I last tracked it leaving Kennedy Airport yesterday. It should be on UK soil by sometime today. They are a completely new addition to our "Stash"...Great Adirondack. We are expecting two yarns, one is Silky sock, and the other is a laceweight (fancy that!). Here is a photo of a skein that I have been coveting for a while now.

Great_Adriondack

I bought it when I was in the U.S. last year, and have loved it ever since. We've been thinking about getting them for a while, and now its finally going to be here.

We also recieved a new shipment of Serendipity needles. I know I have posted photos before, but this is a really clear one. Look at how cute they are! There is even a new smaller size, which I have been bugging them about forever!

Serendipity_needles

Not sure how much posting I will be doing in Westport, depends on whether we can get the wireless to work at my in-laws house. If not, see you in two weeks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the top Michelle, it looks great especially in that colour and the new yarn looks interesting too! Have a great holiday, hope you find the sun, see you when you get back.

Anonymous said...

Michelle, I have emailed you at the shop about a serious matter - I am not sure if you check those emails or not, but in your absence things are not well!