Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Weekend in Milan

This past weekend I took a weekend away from Stash, and London, and headed off to Milan with a few friends, one of whom is originally from there. The weather was beautiful, and the shopping was great. I did manage to find one shop that sold yarn, though most of it was cotton, plain but nice. Roberta managed to snap a photo of me before the saleslady realized it and told her that she was not allowed to take photos, who knows why.

Milan

Not a bad selection of colors, but otherwise nothing interesting. I did manage to buy a pattern book, in Italian of course, but the photos are nice, and there are some nice lace patterns that I'm sure I could figure out if I wanted to.

The food and gelato were heaven! Now its back to normal life, and the shop. We finally got a box of Knits from a Painters Palette, the Koigu book. It only took about 6 months since I asked the distributor to get it for me. She kept insisting that it wasn't published yet. Of course it has been available in the U.S. since some time late last year. Anyway, we have it now, and it is a beautiful book.

We have also decided to extend the sale one more week until this Saturday. We thought that there were some people who hadn't heard about it, so why not give them some more time to check it out.

On the knitting front, Hubby is away this week, so trying to get something accomplished on the Nashua Handknits sweater. Hoping to finish the back this week. I also saw this one on Knitty that I am going to make as we have the exact yarn in the shop, though it is made by GGH. I am going to do it in red. Off to swatch right now!

No comments: