Saturday, March 10, 2007

Socks that Rock!

Sorry its been awhile. I've been sick again, shocker! I can't believe how ill I have been this winter. This seems to be a rerun of December, some sort of chest thing. Anyway, I think I am on the mend. I have to give credit to the NHS this time as they have given me proper medication, and I didn't have to go to a private doctor and spend loads of cash on medicine. Anyway, on to much more interesting things!
As Diane and Nic are away at Skip North this weekend, I was on duty at the shop all morning yesterday. Nathalie arrived to relieve me around 2:00, at which time I found a card from the postman saying that I had a parcel. Hmmm, what could it be. I was expecting some medicine from Parkside Hospital that they owed me. When I got back to the shop around 4:00, I asked Nathalie to wait while I collected the package. I thought it might be something else, but didn't want to get my hopes up. When I got to the window and recieved the box, I saw the return address, and my heart leapt with joy. I immediately phoned the shop to tell Nathalie. We both squealed with delight, and I walked as fast as I could back without giving myself a heart attack (I am pretty sick, could hardly breathe let alone run!). I tore open the box to find this...

STR Club Stuff

(Click on the photo for a larger view by all means.)

It is the first installment of the Rockin Sock Club from Blue Moon Fiber Arts. How exciting! I am not sure how much I like the color. It is not what I would ever pick out. The green is nice, but the other side is hard to figure. In some light it is charcoal grey, and others it is a dark brown. The pattern is really interesting. I have never done toe up. The only problem is that it is done on really small needles, and I am notoriously loose, so I have gone an ordered size 000 needles from the U.S.. I can start when they arrive. Here is a better picture of the actual skein. I love the emergency sock yarn by the way.

Monsoon STR

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you've been sick! Feel better!

Toe up socks are my fave. No seaming and you can keep going on the leg till you've used up yarn.

gilraen said...

The pictures don't do it full justice, they never do! Monsoon is georgeous. Have you managed yet to start the socks? :)

Hope your feeling lots better soon :D