Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Another week has gone by.

There was another article about us in the local Guardian. I would put in a link, but the article did not make it online. It has been a great way to get the word out about the shop.
I am working on a new section for the website, a gallery. The idea is that when you finish your project, you can send me a photo, and I will put it up in the shop, and on the website. As I have not started yet, here are a few:

Here is Felicia from the knitting group with a lovely collar that she made from Silkwoods Contessa thick and thin. She still has to weave in the ends, and sew on a button.

felicia

Next is the cardigan that Jill made from the book "One Skein". She used Blue Sky Alpacas dyed cotton. I love the little flowers.

jillcardi

You can now click on the photos to see them larger. I just discovered the wonders of Flickr.

Other news in the shop is that new yarns from Feza, which come from Turkey, should be arriving next week. This yarn is a combination of several yarns tied end to end, great for making scarves, ponchos, or anything that you want to add a bit of excitement to. We can't wait to start knitting with it.

We also have lots of new books arriving every day, lace seems to be quite popular these days, along with socks.

I have updated the class list with loads of new classes for September and October. Upcoming events include a crochet class with Nicky Trench of Rooster yarns. We will also be having Louisa Harding in the shop on Saturday 4 November to sign books, and talk about her exciting new yarns for Autumn. I will have some other events to add to the calendar, keep a watch on the website.

1 comment:

noblinknits said...

What a cute cardi!