Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Laceweight and Tennis

Its late June/early July here in Southwest London. What else would be happening here but tennis, and of course...Rain! The amount of rain that has fallen here lately is unbelievable. I know that England has a reputation for bad weather, and I usually don't think its all that bad. This year it is bad and beyond. Put it this way, I am still waiting to wear my summer clothes. When is this going to happen? I guess they will have to wait until I get to Westport in 3 weeks!
Yesterday I had the pleasure of going to Wimbledon with Nathalie. We had been looking forward to it for a couple of weeks now. We did see a little bit of really good tennis, but then came the rain, and lightning, and hail! Not to mention the fact that both of us are pretty under the weather. Anyway, while we were sitting in the stadium for those few moments of tennis, I had a text message from Diane saying that the Malabrigo had arrived. Yes, in addition to the hugely popular aran weight, we are now stocking the laceweight. It comes in the same beautiful kettle dyed colors. It is a single ply with very little twist. When I first saw the sample skein I was a bit skeptical, but after Nic knit up a swatch, we all fell in love. When I say "we", I mean the Saturday crowd. We usually get them to be our test market. It has been very successful so far as most things that they like have gone on to be big sellers.


Malabrigo lace

For the next few days, you can find me in front of my TV watching tennis, and knitting during the rain delays!

P.S. Happy Fourth of July!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy 4th Michelle! It's raining here too.