Sunday, April 15, 2007

Shop Update

Since I am in Florida, and have no way of updating the website, I thought I could do it via the blog. Diane has kindly sent me some photos showing some of what has arrived this week.

First we have some more Fleece Artist sock yarn and Sea wool. There are some new colors for spring such as this lovely pinky and orange one on top.

FA sock yarn

We also decided to try a new one from Fleece Artist called Mo, which as you can probably guess, it mohair. It looks more like cotton candy to me.

Mo

Next is some Fiddlesticks Zephyr lace, which is 50% silk and 50% merino wool. The last batch sold out in a week, so just had so get some more.

Fiddlesticks

On my knitting front, the Gypsy shawl is coming along despite the fact that the pattern from Koigu is merely a guide. Some of our customers have made it, and said that they had to figure out the edges, but basically you have to figure out the whole thing yourself. They give you a huge chart that pretty much just has the lace patterns plopped in it with no allowance for the center increases, and it doesn't show the edges at all. I have never knit a lace shawl before, and since everyone said that you had to figure the edges out yourself, didn't think about the center increases until I had to unpick the lace row about 10 times at first. I guess it should have been obvious that if you are increasing at either side of the center, that the lace pattern would increase one stitch each side from the center as well, but I was looking at the chart. Oh well, I am hoping that since there is so much color, the mistake won't show up too much. Once I got into it, it became much easier. I guess it was my initiation into lace knitting and a lesson to not rely on the pattern too much.

I also went to a great knitting shop here in South Florida called Great balls of Yarn. The ladies there were so nice, and they had some fab colors of Koigu that I just had to buy! They will be a great addition to our color selection in the next order. I have no cable for my camera, so can't show them now, but hopefully when I get back in a week.

No comments: