Monday, October 02, 2006

Busy Days

I just realized that I haven't written anything new here in a week. I haven't taken any photos either. I did manage to finish the partner to my Trekking sock, so now just waiting for the weather to turn so I can wear them. I am now hard at work making the Silk Shrug from Blue Sky Alpacas. I am doing it in plum, and am plugging along on the back at the moment. I am on inch 17 out of 29, so a little more than half of the back. The nice thing is that its made all in one piece, then you pick up the stitches for the edging. I like no sewing up.


This is becoming quite a popular pattern as Jill and Lesley from the knitting group are also making it. I'm sure Jill is nearly finished, she is quite the fast knitter.

We have been anxiously awaiting our shipment of Lornas Laces, which was due to arrive last week, except that the customs paperwork got lost, and it spent a week in the airport. I believe that it is on its way, I hope! My fear is that it will arrive tomorrow when I am in the shop on my own, Nathalies son is having his adenoids out, not even sure I spelled that right, but anyway. The box is supposed to weigh 74 pounds, which is alot of yarn! I can't wait to see it, but have no idea where we are going to put it. There will definately have to be some reorganizing of shelves this week. Should be a busy week!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Hi Michelle. I love the shop and am so excited to hear about your new stock. Good gosh! More Lorna's Laces and Trekking XXL. I will definitely be paying you a call in the very near future.