Monday, July 31, 2006

Back Home

We arrived back home this morning. The flight was alright except for the fact that we had to sit on the plane for two hours before we took off. Technical problem, then huge wait to take off. After that everyone slept, which was great. I was a bit sad to leave everyone, but happy to leave the heatwave. It is supposed to be 103F on Wednesday in Connecticut. I was happy to see that the heat has broken here, and it is very pleasant, though a bit showery.
I did a bit of work on my Jaywalker socks on the plane. I am up to the heel flap on sock number 2. I would have modeled the sock, but I just painted my toenails!

Jaywalker socks in progress

I also did a bit of work on my Handmaiden Silk Vee. It is really hard to know how this is going to turn out. It is all garter stitch, so I think it will stretch down when blocked. I decided to make it an inch narrower as the pattern turns out 37 inches, and my bust is 36 inches. I am also making it a drop shorter to the underarm as the pattern is 24 inches long, which would be a dress on me.

Silk Vee in progress


I love the colors, they are quite similar to the photo.

I will miss the beach. This is pretty much what I spent the past 2 weeks looking at, the view from the back of Rhonas beach house.

Beach

This last one is hilarious. Every morning at my inlaws house, a duck came right up to the door. We started feeding her and named her Henrietta duck. As the days went on, more and more ducks came until yesterday when there were five. I think we were the best duck restaurant in town. Here are the girls feeding them.

feeding ducks

It was definately a wildlife experience! Now its back to the city, and the shop.

P.S We now have a ton of new patterns in, a new shipment of Artyarns (Silk Rhapsody,etc), and Handmaiden (Sea Silk and lots of kits). Oh, and don't forget new Tilli Tomas in beautiful multicolors!

3 comments:

Mary-Lou said...

NOoooooo! wish you hadn't mentioned the new stock, especially as I managed not to buy the stuff for the silk vee the other week - please don't try to tempt me any more (repeats to self, "I Must Resist, I Must Resist, I Must ...!")

noblinknits said...

I came, I saw, I purchased! I haven't blogged it yet because I'm all over the place with moving house. Love, love, love the shop.

Anonymous said...

Wow - i would give anything to live somewhere like that.