Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Projects Abound


Its been pretty quiet here lately, but that doesn't mean that I've been completely idle. The Crochet Club project has gone by the wayside. I think that Jane is a fantastic teacher, and a technical expert. As for the design aspect of this project, it seems to be an afterthought. I think that there are a few others out there that agree. I've decided not to finish the project as per the pattern, but to make cushions out of what I made the first couple of months, and use the rest of the yarn to finish them. 
The weather is warming up, and other crafts have taken the forefront in my crafty world. I've done some sewing. Excuse the photo quality on this one, but it was not taken in the best lighting.





Its the Amy Butler Barcelona A-line skirt. I got the fabric last year at Make and Mingle, and finally finished it. I love it so much that I just did another one, which is waiting to be hemmed.
Next was a little cosmetic bag for me





and one for my sister





Then this weekend, I had the honor of taking a class in Dying with Trish from Tanglewood Fiber Creations at Westport Yarns. I've taken some dying classes before, but I am in love with the colors that Trish uses, and was hoping to get some tips from her. I even brought along some fiber to try. 





I think the thing I was most happy about was that it didn't felt! I can't wait to spin it and see what happens. 
Last but not least is the yarn





So as you can see, crafty things have been happening over here. I've just been a little lax about writing about them!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Michelle - this skirt and the one I saw today are FABULOUS! I think I'll need to get some material and give it a try. How fun! Where do you get patterns locally? Can't wait to see more!