Sunday, September 07, 2008

A Harlot Day


Yesterday, Nathalie and I left Nic all alone in the shop (don't worry, she wasn't lonely), trudged through the rain, and went to IKnit day to see the Yarn Harlot. We saw loads of our lovely customers, friends, and other familiar faces.


Ali


I love the bag by the way!


And here she is:


harlot



Not a very clear photo, but you can tell its her for sure.

When Nathalie first got the tickets, I wasn't that keen on going, wondering what she could possibly talk about, though I do think her books are hilarious. I have to say that she had some interesting observations on life as a knitter that we all have, especially being in the shop every day.


These giant needles were interesting, and I think Nathalie quite enjoyed them.


giantneedles


Anyone who has been into Stash will be happy to hear that we were able to buy a giant set of needles, not as giant as these, but like the ones we used to have, to hang in the window. We have been missing them.

On the knitting front, I am nearly finished with the first of my husbands socks. I have never made socks for a man, not realizing how huge they would be! Must start sock number two straight away. Considering what a big fan of the shop he is, I think he deserves them.

No comments: