Tuesday, February 12, 2008

From the Mountains

Its been a year already, and here I am on the dreaded ski trip. I know, I said that I would never do it again, but the husband and kids seem to like it. This year we have chosen a place that is not in the middle of nowhere (only just a little bit). We are at Club Med, at Tignes Val Claree. There is actually a little town down the road, with a few shops, nothing special, but better than last year. I have booked in at the spa for the next few mornings, which should keep me busy. Yesterday I took the funicular to the top of the mountain, where I saw some spectacular views. The photo doesn't do it justice as I am to scared to go to close to the edge, but here goes.

DSCN1278

I have brought along some knitting, of course. The one that I have been working on most is the Salish Sea socks from the STR 2007 sock club. Believe it or not, I have never done a toe up sock. I am not sure that a Cat Bordi sock is the best one to do first, but the directions are pretty clear so far. I am on the arch expansion, and soon on to the heel. I love the color.

DSCN1283

Before I left, I made a discovery in my closet, one finished sock in Trekking Bamboo from months back. I am going to take the opportunity this week to try and make the other one as well. No photos of those though.

Hopefully you are aware that Stash recieved a huge shipment of Dream in Color Smooshy last week. Get it while its hot! See you back in London!

No comments: