Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Veste Finished

The Veste Everest is finally finished! I think that it is a little too short, but all of my fashionable friends have told me otherwise. I am so pleased with the color, and it fits perfectly around the bust and waist. It was a pretty quick knit, and though there were no sleeves, there was quite a bit of finishing to do. In the interim, I have been working on some Monkey socks, and have finished one, and a bit of another. The best part is that I can now start working on Cherie Amour, which has been in my queue for a few weeks now.

Vest-Everest-finished

On the shop front, we have a new yarn in, All Hemp 6 from Hemp for Knitting. I recently saw the pattern for Eiffel in Knitty and fell in love. This was about the time that Lana and Melissa contacted us to see if we would be interested in their yarns. At first this yarn is pretty rough, but when washed, has many of the same qualities of linen. I have learned some interesting things about hemp as well, it can be washed and dryed in the dryer, it does not stretch or shrink, and it has anti-microbial qualities. This makes it a good candidate for making dishcloths as well as garments. The colors are beautiful, and we have it in the shop right now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the Veste on you, not too short at all - I really like that layered look!
I've still got to decide what to do with my green cashmere, but after seeing yours I think cables are the way to go!