Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Dream in Color has landed

After a week of chasing down UPS, and several missed deliveries, it is finally here. Dream in Color. This yarn has been made popular by the Yarn Harlot, which you may have read about on her blog. It has been a long time coming as they had a bit of a delay with their fiber supply. I think that I placed the order sometime back in June, but it has taken until now for it to hit our shores. As per Murphys law, the delivery didn't come until around 4:00, a while after the knitting group die-hards finally gave up and went home. Sorry guys, it will be there waiting for you tomorrow morning!

We have taken two weights, one of which is the Smooshy sock yarn.


Smooshy


Here is what the box looked like when I opened it, full of lovely colors. The interesting thing about this yarn is that it is guaranteed not to pool. I am not sure how they do this, but it is a process called "veil dying". All I have to say is that the colors are very different from anything else that we have in the shop. It is not handpainted, nor semisolid, though it is closer to the latter. Each skein is mostly one color, with a bit of one or two others, but each is very close in hue to each other.


Here is the box of Classic worsted. If you click on it and see the large size, you will see what I mean about the colors.


Classic


The Classic worsted is an aran weight, as they call it in the UK. We will be using some of those to make up kits for the Tulip (girls) and Rocketry (boys) cardigans. I was going to post a photo, but Flickr seems to be down at the moment. You can see them at the Dream in Color website.
I have my work cut out for me tomorrow morning, getting all of this stuff on the shelf in time for the morning rush! That is, if I can't stop fondling the Smooshy!






No comments: