Friday, January 21, 2011



New and Improved

So, I've been back in the US for over a year. I have built a house, gotten the family settled in, and now I am ready for the next chapter. What could that involve...Knitting of course! I will be offering Knitting lessons, either private or in groups, your house or mine. Whether you are a beginner, or ready to move on from making scarves, I can work with you to get you up and running with your projects. Just send me a message on my email, and we can pick a time that works for everyone involved.

Meanwhile, I'll keep you up to date on what I am doing in the crafty world. As most of you know, the weather here has been horrible, and every other day seems to be a snow day. Its not been easy to get projects done. I have been able to work on my Shaelyn Shawl, which is nearly finished. I haven't worked on it for a few days though as I have so little yarn left, I am in fear of running out! I did the required number of pattern repeats, and still had nearly half a skein left. Decided I would go for one more repeat, but its getting kind of tight. I keep weighing the skein after every row. I have to just get on with it and get it blocked. I am using Madeline Tosh Pashmina, which is so soft and lovely. I can't wait to have it snug and cozy around my neck!




I recently finished a pair of Thrummed Mittens, which I have wanted to make for about 2 years now. I finished them just in time for the frigid weather. They come in nice and handy at the dog park every morning!



This weekend I am off to Vogue Knitting Live, which should be very exciting. I am taking the EPS Percentage system class with none other than the famous Meg Swansen! I have to be on a train at 6:30 am to get there, but it will be worth it! Keep you posted...


No comments: