Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Sale

I don't usually knit for others, I know, I am selfish. I feel very protective of everything I knit. Even when my kids were little, I would follow them around when they were wearing one of the sweaters that  I knit for them, worried that they would get ketchup, or a similar staining agent on it. I have found now that they are not really interested in hand knit items, and are rarely ever warm enough to want to wear one anyway. So when my husband asked me to make a baby sweater for a work colleague, I had to think for a moment.  My husband doesn't ask for much from me in the way of knitting, so I thought, what the heck. I had seen this in VK last year, and thought it looked interesting. I had always wanted to do the Baby Surprise Jacket, but this seemed nicer.

suplicejacket

Its the Baby Suplice jacket by Elizabeth Zimmerman, knit in Socks that Rock, Monsoon. A nice, enjoyable quick knit. I wasn't sure how it worked until right up until the end, but I just trusted in the pattern, and it worked!

On another note, Stash is turning 2 years old next week! I can't believe how time flies. Anyway, we will be doing our usual anniversary sale. We have lots of stuff, so hopefully you can come and check it out! See you there.


No comments: